Tuesday, September 28, 2010

what I learned this 5K



Well here it is end of September and I just completed my ninth 5K for the year. WOW!!! That is something for me because this time last year I had done my 1st ever 5K. my time on that 5K was 58.and something. It took me almost an hour to complete. I did my Heels, Hills and Him 5K on Sept 26, and finished it in 43.33. Now you might be think ... wow that is not that fast, but for me and non runner, THAT IS FREAK,N AWESOME. Running has never been easy for me but I really love the way I feel after wards... that is why I do it.

Things I learned.

1. I am faster than I think.

2. I can push myself hard... and I wont die.. hehe.

3. I am so encouraged when I see other average people running like me.

4. I can do more than I thought.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Speaks volumes to every walk of life. You put your mind to something and you can do it. I am proud of you. Really proud of your progress and your drive to push forward. Makes me smile and makes my heart happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with out your friendship and encouragement, I would not even be able to post this. YOu have played such a big part in where i am as a runner today.... THANK YOU!!! love you with all my heart

    ReplyDelete